Obo Plan Optimizer calculates the highest-value set of feature candidates — those most likely to meet your business objectives and market needs — that also aligns with your budget and other constraints. With Plan Optimizer, you can create and compare different plan scenarios side-by-side to see the impact of trade-offs in real time, then present results to your stakeholders. Plan Optimizer’s sophisticated optimization algorithm solves the Traveling Salesman Problem — your spreadsheet can’t keep up.
- Prioritization based on validated data, not whim. You can immediately see the features that provide the highest value using your assessments as well as market, customer, and internal research.
- Side-by-side what-if comparisons. Understand and explain the impact of feature trade-offs by comparing plan scenarios you generate on the fly. It’s so much easier to get stakeholder buy-in when they understand why their favorite feature didn’t make the cut.
- Sophisticated optimization algorithm. Plan Optimizer uses an advanced algorithm that accounts for budget, dependencies, and requirements (like non-negotiables due to compliance, commitments, and executive mandates). You just can’t do that on a spreadsheet or a new product development roadmap tool.
- Optimizes based on your market research. Did research? Plan Optimizer uses it, so your new product development decisions address market needs.
- Product plan proposals include the “why.” Obo creates a release plan that includes the “why” behind features that make it, so decisions are memorialized for engineering (why are we building this?), marketing (how should we position and promote?), sales (what will help me sell?), and your other stakeholders.
“With Obo, we’re able to plan smaller, more frequent updates that anticipate user needs and wants, rather than reacting to them.” — Sr. Product Director
Watch now: A Game of Products
The new product development journey is arduous. To put your best product forward,TM you must formulate the right strategy, then execute plans while you navigate a challenging landscape, inhabited by myriad stakeholders—each with their own agenda. Be strong. Success is coming.