Public Relations Manager
We are building a SaaS system that solves the problem that eight of ten new products fail. Obo helps product teams validate product plans prior to committing engineering resources, reducing the risk of failure. We analytically manage the Feature FunnelTM from hundreds of raw ideas to the refined and validated set that makes it into the product plan. The system includes a rich historical repository, objective-based feature categorization, on-demand market and product research surveys, and a sophisticated “what if” release planning optimization engine. All wrapped in a collaboration layer, so all members of the product team can see and participate in the process.
We are seeking a Public Relations Manager (PR Manager) to build, maintain, and manage a topnotch network of industry and media influencers to increase awareness and build Obo’s corporate image through effective communication and media relations programs.
You will plan, build, and leadall of Obo’s PR programs and activities, including executive speaking programs, byline/blog opportunities, pitching brand/company to targeted media, announcing products and services, and building Obo’s reputation as the market-first thought leader, innovator, and great place to work.
- Determined: You will do whatever it takes to make your programs — and Obo — successful. Getting broad and positive media coverage of Obo that increases brand awareness and equity is your personal mission.
- Collaborative: You work well as both a team leader and a team player, always focused on the right outcome
- Adventurous:You focus on understanding trends in media coverage and finding creative ways to insert relevant Obo stories and “trend surf” at every opportunity.
- Data driven: You set and meet goals. You do what’s needed. You know how to say no and convince others to stay on target.
- Passionate: You love telling great stories, and you know that Obo has a great story to tell. One that helps Obo customers succeed by creating market-first products.
- Develop marketing communications plans that include strategy, goals, budget, programs, and tactics
- Develop Obo’s media and influencer relations strategy, with goals for coverage in print, broadcast, and online media as well as in key blogs and analyst reports.
- Manage and coordinate all public relations activities, including media inquiries and interview requests.
- Manage and coordinate industry analyst engagement plans and logistics.
- Own social media team at the company level; train and engage Obo employees in social media best practices and policies.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts at targeted business and trade outlets.
- Create content for press releases, byline articles, and executive presentations.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on PR and industry analyst coverage on a monthly (brief) and quarterly (detailed) basis.
- Partner across Marketing team to evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising.
- Build relationships and a regular communications cadence with key media and industry thought leaders to grow Obo’s stature and standing.
- Serve as Obo subject matter expert in industry trends that affect our customers and developneeded/appropriate communication strategy and content.
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum of four years in high-tech public relations required, preferably in both successful startup and a recognized B2B brand.
- BA/MA degree required
- Experience managing external public relations agency partners.
- Track record creating and executing successful PR campaigns both locally and nationally, and across business and trade press
- Strong, proven relationships with target industry and business media
- Experience as a company spokesperson
- Exceptional storytelling, writing, and editing skills
- Extensive experience with social media including blogs, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.
- Event planning experience a plus.
Obo offers competitive compensation and benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401K, commuter, and unlimited PTO.